I was looking for a dessert that incoporated cookies and cream for my brother in law’s birthday- which is his favorite, but still something chocolately which the rest of the family loves.Â This seemed to be the perfect combo. It was a nice rich chocolately dessert with that yummy cookies and cream surprise inside.Â It is also easier than you might think to make.
You will need:
1/2 cup flour (not self rising)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
5 Large eggs (at room temp)
3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 container vanilla whipped frosting
1 package oreos
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 ounce semi sweet chocolate
2 tbs dark corn syrup
1 1/2 teasoppn vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.Â Line a 13×8 casserole dish with tinfoil and spray with non stick spray.
2. Combine Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt
3. In 2 2 separate bowls separate eggs.Â Put the yolks in one bowl and the whites in the other.Â Beat whites until foamy and then add 1/2 cup of sugar and continue to beat until stiff (about 3 minutes).
4. Add 1/4 cup of sugar to the yolks and vanilla and beat until thickened (about 3 more minutes).Â Gradually add in flower mixture to yolk mixture until well blended.
5. Stir in 1/4 of egg white mixture, then fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spread into casserole dish and bake for 12 minutes or until firm on top.Â Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
6. Set out a dish towel and dust with confectioners sugar.Â Flip casserole dish upside down onto towel until cake falls out.Â Then gently remove the tinfoil.Â Starting from a short end roll up in towel and place seam side down and allow to cool completely (about an hour).
7. Crush oreos in alarge zip lock back by beating them with a meat pounder until crushed.Â Combine Oreo with vanilla frosting.
8. Unroll the cake and spread the oreo mixture in side and roll back up.Â Wrap in tin foil and refrigerate for 1 hour seam side down.
9. In a small saucepan, heat cream, chocolate chips, and corn syrup over low heat until chocolate is melted.Â Stir in vanilla and allow to cool to room temperature.Â Then, upwrap cake and use a spatula to spread glaze over cake.Â Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Cookies and Cream Cake RollRead More