Publix Shopping Guide for the Weekly Ad
The Publix Weekly Ad and coupons each week. The ad we provide will have all of the sales ad deals from the Publix circular located at the front of the store. We take each item and then match the coupons that go with the sales. This gives Publix shoppers the best deals. Sometimes you can even score FREE items!
The Publix Weekly Ad flyer is very easy to browse through. The sales are separated into categories so that it is easy to tell if the product you are looking for in the Publix sales this week is on sale or not. No matter what product you want to buy, make sure you check next week’s Publix ad to see if it is on sale so that you never overspend. When a product is at a rock bottom price, this is the time to grab a few extra to last until the next LOW sale price.
Publix Weekly Ad Tips
- Some Publix Ads run from Thursday through Wednesday, others run Wednesday through Tuesday. You need to check with your store(s) to see what your schedule is.
- Publix will accept (1) manufacturer coupon and (1) store coupon (Publix or competitor) per item.
- Publix will accept up to 8 identical coupons unless the limit stated on the coupon is smaller. Publix policy does not override the requirements on manufacturer coupons.
- Publix stores double coupon values of 50¢ or less in most states (not in Florida and Carolina areas but check your area stores to be sure)
- Publix allows the use of coupons on both items in a BOGO sale in all its stores. This does not change by area.
- BOGO sales are treated in two different ways depending on your area. In both cases, you get two items for the regular price of one so the cost per item averages the same but it does make a difference in whether you must buy an even number of items as well as the credit you would get when using a bogo coupon with the bogo sale.
- True BOGO Areas (Florida and Some Carolina stores) – Publix bogo sales require both items to be purchased to get the deal in true bogo areas. One will be purchased at full price and the second will be credited to zero. You may still use a coupon for both the full price and the free items. If you use a bogo coupon with a bogo sale, the coupon credit will be the full price of the one you paid for so both items would be free.
- Half Price BOGO Areas – Each item rings up half the original price so you are able to buy an odd number of items (or just one) and still get the sale. You can use a coupon on each item just like in true bogo areas, however, a bogo coupon will only give you a credit for the half price that each shows on the receipt when it’s rung up. In other words, a bogo coupon with a bogo sale does not end up with two free items in half price bogo areas. You still pay half the price of one for two items.
- Each Publix store may impose it’s own limits on sale items. Ask at your store. Many have a purchase limit of 10 bogo sale items and others may have even smaller limits. The freedom of imposing limits is given to store management so this can vary from store to store.
- Publix takes competitor store coupons but each store determines its own list of specific competitors. Look for a list inside the entry of your store or ask your customer service department.
- For additional help, review the Publix related topics below or read the Publix Coupon Policy they have posted on their website.
You can check out other Publix Coupon deals we find throughout the week.
Publix Weekly Ad Questions and Answers
Here are the top Publix Coupon Questions and the answers to help you better understand how to shop at Publix with coupons.
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item?
Yes. We’re happy to accept a coupon for a competitor’s private label product because it’s a chance to introduce you to our terrific Publix brand.
Will Publix accept a buy-one-get-two-free coupon from a Publix competitor?
Yes. If you’re purchasing the identical merchandise at Publix, we’ll accept BOGO and buy-one-get-two-free coupons from competitors’ stores.
Does Publix accept prescription coupons from all pharmacies or only from your listed competitors?
Publix accepts coupons for prescriptions from all local retail pharmacies.
Publix Weekly Ad Questions and Answers
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon for a free $5 gift card with the purchase of an item or items?
For example, a coupon for “Buy both Raid Max Bug Barriers 1-gallon Starter Kit and Refill, Receive a $5 store gift card.”
Yes, if we carry the identical items named on the coupon, you’ll receive a $5 Publix gift card with the required purchase.
How does Publix define a household?
Publix defines a household as a single family. (Children can’t redeem coupons if their parent already redeemed the maximum amount allowed for their household that day.)
Publix won’t accept coupons that appear to be copied. What does a copied coupon look like?
If a coupon is photocopied, some of its security features may be missing, causing the coupon to be illegible or blurry. Copied coupons may also be off-center or have copy machine lines running through them.
Do I have to have a physical coupon for every offer I want to redeem?
Yes. You must have a physical copy of the coupon that you want to redeem.
Can I redeem more than eight coupons per day if I buy several flavors or varieties of a product?
No. We’ll only accept eight of the same coupons per day, per household, regardless of the flavors or varieties of a product you purchase.
Can a store coupon, competitor coupon, and manufacturer’s coupon all be used for one item?
No. A manufacturer’s coupon can be combined with a Publix coupon or with a competitor’s coupon, but not both.
Will Publix take a manufacturer’s coupon attached to an item along with an additional manufacturer’s coupon?
Sorry, but no. Publix will take an additional Publix or competitor’s coupon, but we can only take one manufacturer’s coupon for an item, regardless of where the coupon came from.
Can a “$1 off the purchase of two items” manufacturer’s coupon be used with another manufacturer’s coupon?
No. When the manufacturer issues a “$1 off the purchase of two items” coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
Can a BOGO manufacturer’s coupon be used with another manufacturer’s coupon?
No. When the manufacturer issues a BOGO coupon, it requires the purchase of two items. So, because you have to purchase both items to meet the coupon’s requirements, a manufacturer’s coupon has already been applied to both items.
A competitor on a store’s approved list is offering a $5 off a $25 order coupon when I sign up to receive communications from them. Will Publix take this coupon?
Yes. You’ve already signed up with the competitor to receive the coupon, so now all you have to do is purchase $25 worth of groceries.
Will Publix accept a competitor’s coupon that indicates I must present my retailer rewards card to use the coupon?
Yes. Publix doesn’t require you use a reward card, but we would be happy to honor this coupon if you meet the other purchase requirements on the coupon.
Can I use gas card coupons and dollars-off-total-order coupons in the same transaction?
Yes. The purchase requirements for both coupons will be combined, meaning if you must spend $50 to redeem the gas card coupon and $50 to redeem the dollars-off-total-order coupon, you must spend $100 to redeem both.
I have a rain check and a coupon for an item, but the coupon is now expired, though it was valid on the date the rain check was issued. Can I still use the coupon on the item?
Yes, Publix will accept the coupon that was valid on the date the rain check was issued.
Check out the latest Publix Coupon Matchups and Deals.