The colorful, snow cottage has 25 large bins that you can fill with your own surprises so you can use it year after year. Each day the kids will open one of the bins as they countdown to Christmas!
Fun Ways to Use the Step 2 Advent Calendar
- Start a Tradition for Years to Come – Each night at dinner or bedtime ask family members to write a word or small note about the season and place it in the day’s bin. Next year, you read each day’s note and add a new one.
- Teach the Joy of Giving – Put a penny, dime or quarter in each bin. On Christmas, let the child donate these at church or to a charity.
- Note from Santa – Put a small note from Santa in each of the boxes. Your kids will not be able to contain their excitement as they read the notes from Santa each day leading up to Christmas.
- Family Fun Ideas – Don’t we all forget to pause during the Christmas season and just enjoy each other? Put a small “to do” in each bin. Drive around and look at Christmas lights. Color a Christmas picture together. Bake cookies.
- Name The Flavor – Place a fruit gummy for each family member in each bin. After eating the snacks, give every flavor a Christmas name. Frosty berry. Icey Grape. Northpole Cherry. A great way to encourage creative thinking!