I am always on the hunt for a recipe that is semi healthy and totally yummy at the same time! I am happy I came across this Zucchini Recipe! Tonight we are having BBQ chicken on the grill and some of these babies!
Ingredients for Zucchini Recipe
1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini (no need to peel the zucchini)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup panko or regular bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon dried basil (or 12 teaspoons fresh)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions for the Zucchini Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and
lightly coat with cooking spray or lightly grease an unlined baking sheet.
2. Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and wring out all the excess water over the
sink until the zucchini is really dry.
3. Place the zucchini and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
4. Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on the prepared baking sheet and lightly press the mounds
with your hands to flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 16- 20 minutes until the edges are golden
Recipe Source: adapted from this recipe at Skinnytaste (used more zucchini, omitted the onion, added basil and garlic, changed the type of bread crumbs, increased oven temp, etc.)