There is nothing likeÂ a good chocolate cream pie.Â Many people take the short cut and make it out of pudding, but when you take the time to make the real thing it is so worth it.Â Plus adding the peanut butter and chocolate chip topping really make this delicous.Â It is just enought peanut butter to get the taste and keep you wanting more!
You will need:
1 Chocolate graham cracker pie crust (ready made)
2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large egg yolks
3 cups whole milk
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
2 tbs butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter
1. Bake pie crust at 350 Degrees for 5 minutes and set aside and allow to cool
2. Combine sugar, corn starch, and salt in a medium saucepan. In a separate bowl whisk together milk and egg yolks.Â Combine this into the sugar mixture in the saucepan in a steady stream and mix well.
3. Cook mixture over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture starts to bubble and is thickened (about 6-8 minutes).Â Turn heat to low and continue to cook for 1 more minute until thick (stir constantly for this 1 minute).
4. Remove from heat and wisk in chocolate chips (all but 1/2 cup), vanilla, and butter.Â Stir until well blended.
5. Place mixture in a bowl and cover with seran wrap pressing the seran wrap down to touch the filling (to prevent a foam from forming on top)
6. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
7. Pour Chocolate filling into pie crust
6. Melt peanut butter in microwave (about 45 seconds)Â and drizzle over top and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
7. Cover and return to refrigerator for 1 hour