I love a good ooey gooey caramel bar… and this one hits the spot.Â Easy to make and easy to eat. Plenty of gooey caramel to make you want more and more and more!Â Grab a cold glass milk and get cooking!
You will need:
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding (pillsbury)
1 cup butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
1 bag caramels
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Set aside 1/2 cup cake mix in a small bowl. Mix remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup butter and eggs with an electric mixer until well mixed.Â Stir in chocolate chunks. and spread onto a 13×8 glass casserole dish- UNGREASED and bake for 16-18 minutes. When done, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.Â It will only be partially baked.
3. In a saucepan combine caramels, 1/4 cup butter and condensed milk and heat over medium heat until caramels are fully melted and mixed well.Â About 8 minutes
4. Spread Caramel filling over partially baked cake
5. Mix remaining cake mix with 3 tbs butter and oats and sprinkle over caramel and bake for another 20 minutes
6. Allow to cool completely and cut into squares.Â Yum!